About Me

My photo
London, Leicester and Kerala
I am a Medical Doctor, born and brought up in Kerala, settled in England for last 27 years. Interested in almost any and every field under the sun. I believe in 'Simple living and simple thinking'and try to follow this principle in life...This is a snapshot of what I wish to write; but many of the things I want to write are still under the iceberg! Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavanthu

Visits so far

Friday 21 November 2008

Growing clout?

Just now read an interesting article in BBC. ie The Indian navy has been given formal approval by the United Nations to go after pirate ships in Somali waters.

The background to this is that 2 days ago, on Tuesday, an Indian warship sank a suspected Somali pirate vessel after it opened fire on it in the Gulf of Aden. Piracy incidents have surged off the Somali coast. A number of Indian crews have been on ships hijacked by pirates.

I was thinking can United nations give authority to a member country to patrol another countries coast? Yes, I understand that it will be under certain circumstances that Indian warships can enter Somali waters. Buts still critics can draw comparisons between this and what is happening at present in the world especially Afghanistan and Iraq, though on a different scale....

No comments: